I have been fortunate enough to have received another blogger award nomination, for which I’m very grateful. Wendy Wallace, of the One Exceptional Life blog, and Traci Heaps, of the New Adventures Ahead blog, both nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you, Wendy and Traci! If you haven’t ever read any of Wendy’s inspirational posts, or Traci’s lifestyle and travel posts, you should check them out.
About the Blogger Recognition Award
Blogger award nominations are a wonderful way for bloggers to support one another. They help provide an atmosphere of community, rather than competition. It’s amazing what a boost it can be to be recognized by a fellow blogger. Each award has rules which give readers an opportunity to get to know the nominee. Award nominations also provide an opportunity to pass along the encouragement by allowing the nominee to select other bloggers for recognition.
The Rules for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief history of how your blog came to be
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Select 15 of your fellow bloggers to give this award to
- Let them know that you nominated them and provide a link to your post
The History of Fluxing Well
During the 2017, my family went through a lot of transitions. One son graduated from high school, one son got married, my parents sold their house and moved in with us temporarily. It was a year in which I learned about navigating the changes in life, or fluxing well with changing situations. The seed of an idea for a blog was planted! I spent about a year reading articles and gathering information, trying to decide if I should take the plunge. I stumbled across a couple of brief online “start a blog” courses, and jumped in. As a school librarian, I have summers off from work. I spent a good portion of this past summer designing the website and writing blog posts before the site went live in late July. I’m constantly getting ideas for improvements, but have a lot less time to try out new things now that I’m back at work. I still have a lot to learn, and the supportive blogging community continues to be a great resource for me.
2 pieces of advice for new bloggers (I’m giving this advice to myself as well!)
1. You are more than the likes or follows you get. It’s tough not to compare yourself to others, but just keep being you and writing about your passion.
2. Take the time to get out and live life by taking breaks from social media and technology. I realized some of my relationships were getting neglected because I was spending too much time on my phone or computer.
Here are my 15 Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award:
1. Gina https://smithlifestyleblog.com/
2. Amanda https://fueledbycoffeeandfitness.com/
3. Jamie https://www.hecticmommymaterial.com/
4. Dana https://thefourseasonsofus.com/
5. Terran http://www.justasimplehome.com
6. Peggy http://www.reducingoverload.com
7. Taylor http://charcoalandgrace.com
8. Stephanie https://onecaringmom.com/
9. Ell https://ellduclos.blog/
10. My Casual Reflections https://mycasualreflections.com/
11. Steph http://racingelephants.com/
12. Jennifer https://intentionallydone.com/
13. Gwawr https://littlewelshkitchenblog.wordpress.com/
14. Fred https://moneywithapurpose.com
Please pay these awesome blogs a visit!
How About You?
Are you a new blogger looking for encouragement? Any of the bloggers I listed above would be great to follow. Do you have any advice for new bloggers? I’d sure be interested to learn of any ideas you have to offer. If you like what you’ve read today, please consider subscribing. Have a great week, everyone. Let’s keep encouraging each other!