Easy Curried Turkey
This easy curried turkey recipe is delicious, warm, and feeds a crowd. Plus, it’s a terrific recipe for the holidays. One of the main ingredients is leftover turkey.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp butter, margarine or vegetable oil
- 3 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 to 1½ pounds cooked, cubed turkey or chicken
- ⅛ cup slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp dried parsley for garnish (optional)
Toast almonds and set aside, if using.
Cook onion in butter, margarine or vegetable oil until tender, but not brown.
Add soup, milk and curry powder. Heat and stir until mixture is smooth.
Add cubed turkey or chicken and heat through.
Just before serving, add sour cream. Cook until mixture is hot, but don’t boil.
Garnish with toasted almonds and parsley, if desired.
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or mashed cauliflower.